Our latest Interpretive Panel at North Dock throws new light on the maritime history of Llanelli which is frequently overshadowed by the town's rapid nineteenth century industrial expansion in coal, steel and tinplate manufacture.
The panel, situated on one of three stone jetties on the south west side of the North Dock, was sponsored by the Rotary Club of Llanelli, and gives an idea of the dock's place in the life of the town in peace and war from 1903 to the present day.
The panel also carries a detailed drawing and description explaining the function and purpose of the Hydraulic Cylinder Ram preserved at the site.
The panel was officially unveiled on 19th July, 2019 by Alison Evans, President of the Rotary Club in the presence of members and guests of the Club and of Llanelli Community Heritage.
Llanelli North Dock Interpretive Panel
Lat: 51.674462 Lon: -4.174242