Parc Howard The First 100 Years
Parc Howard was given to the people of Llanelli by Sir Stafford nand Lady Howard in 1912, via a 999 year lease to the Llanelly Urban District Council at an annual rent of £5, and opened by them on September 21st of that year.
The gift was to enable the residents of, and visitors to the Town to enjoy the benefits of fresh air, peace and tranquillity, and provide a safe place for children to play. The Mansion house to be developed in to a museum with a reading room open to all.
For more information see the Parc Howard website.